View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 01:30 PM   #1
thekodinator
Pro

OVR: 9
Complaints about 'Critical Situations'

Apologies if this thread is elsewhere, I did a few forum searches and found nothing so here goes...

I wanted to try the new 'Critical Situations' feature as a means to get through more seasons, but after trying it for April & May in my franchise, I am sorely disappointed. I have 3 main complaints:

1) Outside of individual player achievements (hit for the cycle, 3 HRs, etc.), the critical game moments seem to be only in the 9th inning when it's either tied or a 1 run game. What about getting out of a jam in the 5th inning with the bases loaded and nobody out? I want to play that situation as well.

2) I feel a bit too disconnected bc it only puts you into maybe 1-2 games per week tops. I think they don't have enough different types of situations identified and so you don't get into as many games as I would like.

3) The CPU-sim is awful at managing the game. Multiple times when I've dropped into a 1-run game in the 9th inning, I have a position player at catcher and no other position players available to sub. Also, I frequently only have 1-2 pitchers available in the bullpen. It's like the CPU just burns through my entire bench and bullpen in the innings leading up to the 9th. And then I'm hosed with a position player at catcher or if we go to extra innings.

I have yet to try the new "Quick Manage" feature, but I think that's where I will find my sweetspot with this game. In order to get through the season but still be involved in more games, I am going to try to use Quick Manage for every game (so I can control the usage of my bullpen and bench), and then use the following rule set to jump into game situations (when pitching or hitting):

- Any at-bat with runners in scoring position
- Any at-bat after the 7th inning stretch where the tying run is on-deck or at-bat.

I will miss out on being able to finish individual players' accomplishments, but I'm hopeful that using Quick Manage in this way will help me feel more connected/in-control of my team and ultimately provide me a better experience.

Would love anyone else's thoughts.

#GoPackGo
Advertisements - Register to remove