Old 04-05-2017, 10:00 PM   #5
Gagnon39
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Jersey number carousel in RTTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Everyone has their "preferred" number but I believe I read the highest rated player get's their number if they are the same.

So if transactions are happening and your team is getting new players that are higher rated you are being trumped.

I also think they try and make your number as close to your preferred number as possible so if someone has a number closer to your preferred number and they leave the team you would assume that number.
Definitely has to do with trades/acquisitions/call-ups. But unfortunatley it doesn't look like ratings have any bearing. It seems like a new player with the same number gets it. Which really stinks. I know it may not bother some but losing my number will really bug me. I'm a 90 overall and was #5. Now I'm #8 because apparently Eduardo Escobar got called up from Triple-A.

I will say that I'm cool with that if it has to do with players already on the 40-man that come back up that had the number first. But if I'm a 90 overall and we acquire some junk bench player who jacks my number, that's not cool. Hopefully it doesn't happen like that.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove