View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 07:25 AM   #691
slickdtc
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NHL 17 Impressions

Finished my first season up a couple weeks ago, took about 4.5 months. After starting the season off relatively well, I tanked the last half and ended up at .500 at season's end. Missed the playoffs.

It was very much like the actual Flyers season. Pretty scary parallels actually, ha.

Love the game. My only issue this season was my goalies being sieves (.875 SV%) but my offense was tops in the league. I hardly played with the sliders all season as I wanted to give them a big sample size.

Entering the new year, with two new goalies (but pretty much on par ratings wise), I've bumped the goalie sliders for myself. Didn't mess with any sliders that would affect skaters as I wanted to see if my offense would "play down" to the competition so to speak. See if my 6-5 games from last year would be more like 3-2's as I (presumably) give up less goals. Doesn't make sense does it? I should still be scoring as I did last year. But I really want to see if I'm allowing 1, 2, 3 goals a game, if it'll calm my offense down and I'll focus on a tight defensive approach. We'll see. Results so far have been mixed.

I did also just download the latest tuner set. Don't know when it was released but I didn't want to mess with my balance last season so I tried to ignore any updates. My initial impressions are I like the tweaks. I could see why some might not like them, but the changes suit the style of game I enjoy. Seemed forgiving, defenders seemed more able to hold their ground and not float away. I did notice that puck physics seemed to be a little more awry then usual, but could just be this game's impression.

Looking forward to another season and many more to come. Having not made the playoffs in Year 1, I'm hungry to taste the postseason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove