Old 04-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #398
Blzer
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Too many HR's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotSyphillis
I'm 8 games into my Reds Franchise on legend difficulty with zone hitting. I have 17 homers. Ive given up lots of homers too but that's expected cause the Reds pitching stinks. But it's not just the homers. It's how hard they are hot, along with non homer hits. In all the years playing this game I've never seen ground balls hit so hard they got through the infield and rolled all the way to the outfield fence past my outfielders. Billy Hamilton should not be getting beat in the OF by grounders. It feels like everyone is using aluminum bats.
I just want to mention that another cause is outfielders start positioned closer than in real life (for the most part), they often sprint in toward the ball on grounders, and grass doesn't have any difference in friction compared to that of dirt.

I don't know how off BESR is in this game (though I can imagine that on the most solid hits it may be coming off the bat too hard), but there are plenty of other things they are going to have to address other than just that. In other words, I hope they don't just decide to slow down the BESR until Hamilton is beating the OF with grounders; I hope they take everything else into account as well.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60