Thread: Pack odds.
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 03:14 AM   #8
kooch66
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pack odds.

I've extensively played Ultimate Team in FIFA, NHL, and Madden, MyTeam in NBA 2K, and I've played DD every year that it's been in The Show and I can say without a shadow of doubt that this has the worst pack odds, by far.

On top of that, it's also the only game that has only one currency, meaning the stubs you purchase with real cash can also be used in the auction house. Therefore, and unfortunately, it's always "correct" to just buy players directly as opposed to messing with packs. So if you wanted to drop 100 bucks on 150k stubs you'll get infinitely more value just using them in the AH directly vs getting pack bundles.

I agree that this is also way less fun, but that doesn't mean throwing money away on packs is the better option, it just isn't. Personally, I've tried to find a happy medium of sorts by using stubs to do team collections and epics, which is far more entertaining and rewarding than just buying my whole team from the AH and actually presents a much better value as well.