View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 07:47 PM   #795
RogueHominid
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

These play really well. I'm playing with the clean screen and am really enjoying the challenge of pitching with no vibration or visual aids. I find watching the catcher's signals and working from those really engaging.

I'm seeing all different kinds of games and definitely feel like all kinds of outcomes are possible.

I'm using full games and am seeing great pitching management with the 2/7 starter/pen manager hook slider split. I'm also using the CPU contact at 6 and find that you really have to respect the CPU's better hitters at this setting, which is just as it should be.

Re: the HR length issue, I'm seeing perhaps more 400+ foot shots than seems normal, but I'm not seeing the excessive stuff (500+ feet). I'm even seeing plenty of no-doubt shots that travel in the 300s.

Really nice set. This game is so damn good.

I'm going to have to restart my LAD franchise using 30-team control, though, which is a bummer. I saw Keuchel get traded twice in May alone in a test sim with this set, and it just baffles me that some players get traded multiple times in a season. Archer was also traded twice by the end of May in that test sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove