View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 07:25 PM   #3523
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I have made what will likely be my last major update to the Opening Post. I decided to remove the old set from the OP based on the feedback here and my own play. I never really expected such overwhelming support for it...I figured more people would get hung-up on the subbing situation. But, this set plays such a wonderful brand of football that it has even been cutting into my time with The Show. I just feel that keeping the old set would be offering an inferior option that would cause confusion.

Let's not forget: aside from the main menu game speed tweak....this is EA's game....this is the game that they gave to us....and it is terrific. Unfortunately, you change just about anything and you break it....so 99% of the players probably don't realize just how good this is.

I have also updated the Opening Post intro and made it specific to this default set and made a long-needed adjustment to the suggested schemes (I'm sorry, I did it on the fly and did not record what I changed.....sorry). These are not required by any means, but do add to the pleasure. The main theme of my adjustments was to tone down the number of offenses using the vertical scheme...just way too many bombs. I also feel like the schemes have been playing more truly to what you would expect based on their labels. I am still very strongly against using the 'balanced offense' scheme for any CPU opponent as the play calling is just way too repetitive.