View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 09:16 PM   #1
elguapo79
Rookie

elguapo79's Arena

OVR: 3
High Heat Sim League (115+ years)

We consistently have 2-3 openings. Whenever we get someone, someone else disappears, but we are always running almost at full capacity.

I thought this might be a good audience for a baseball sim league I'm in that has an opening for the first time in a while.

The fun is being the GM of a team with a financial system and real life owners to trade and compete with -- and little else in the realm of minutiae. The website alone makes it stand out. It's by far the most complete, professional website I've ever seen for a sim league.

It's a league that continues to be active (completely, 100% of the time, 3 sims a week, 3 website updates a week, no hiatuses) for around 10 years. We've simmed from the 2002 season to now going into the 2118 season.

Software required are two simple, standalone programs. Sim engine uses an old PC game (High Heat 2003, not required).

Fictional players, teams can be pulled from any minor league, including independents, past or present. It's a 30-team league that includes managing 3 levels of minors. Just enough depth to be fun, not too much to be overwhelming.

I could give a much longer pitch, but I'll stop here so that I don't discourage anyone thinking of it.

Here's the website: www.mlbcsimleague.com

It you're interested, I'd be glad to answer any questions. I try to drop by here a lot, but if you email me at jdp79x at gmail, I'll definitely get it quicker.

Also, it's competitive, but people are very friendly. Not looking to screw new members -- just the opposite. Looking for people to round out the league, so anyone is more than helpful for anyone who wants to play.

Last edited by elguapo79; 03-11-2022 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Updating
Advertisements - Register to remove