View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 01:05 PM   #5
NewNapkin

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB the Show 18 Wishlist: PLUS Things they should PATCH for MLB 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeart2422
Here's my wishlist for MLB the Show 18 and a list of things that they can still fix this year.

Things they can still fix this year in MLB 17:

- Pitchers need to get injured more often when they get hit with the ball. They also should not be able to recover so easily after being hit with the ball. I'm sure they can tune this in a patch. But i wouldn't want it if it will break something else.

This was a design decision. I'm pretty sure it happens more than they'd like,
and it would result in an un-sim amount of injuries

-(This is not that big of a deal) But the Scea Roster makers should pay more attention to detail when it comes to equipment editing. They still haven't added Aaron Judge's high socks, taken away Starlin Castro's socks. etc. They already have the option to change these things. So why not use them. Nba 2k17 is beating MLB the Show in this department. They keep their players up to date with very close attention to detail.

Twice as many players in the NBA, with more consistency. Of course 2k17 beats the Show.

-They messed up the colors on the Red Jerseys when they were great last year. Black Jerseys also look bad and washed out. They look gray. They have added matte helmets in the latest Roster Updates so I know they can change Jersey Colors. Hopefully they can update this in the coming months.

I don't think they'll patch this, but I'd like to see better colors in future editions all around.

-They need to fix the eyes of the batters when batting. When i am pitching from the pitchers view. I can see that a lot of the batters are staring off to left field or right field when they should be looking towards the ball instead.
Evan Longoria is one of the examples. Every time I am pitching against him i can tell he is looking towards left field instead of looking towards the pitcher and the ball.

I've never seen this (good attention to detail, lol), but yeah, should be fixed.

MLB 18 Wishlist:

PRESENTATION/SOUND:

-They need celebrations and high fives in the dug outs when scoring a regular run. They only show celebrations when you hit a homerun.

Agreed, I'm sure they're going to add onto this

-They should get rid of Matt Vasgersian. His voice is annoying. (But that's just my opinion.)

Matty V isn't going anywhere according to Ramone

-Next year i hope to see the new helmets with the face guard.

I don't think they'll want to put it in unless a lot more people start using it.
Hopefully it makes it in one of the next couple editions

-I also hope to see a new better looking Large elbow guard. All the new equipment in the game looks really good except for the GENERIC LARGE Elbow Guard. It looks out of place.

I agree

-They should add the option to wear gold/silver chains outside of the jersey. Not just tucked in. For pitchers at least.

I think they'd need better jersey physics or something, and not a lot of players wear change on the outside.. but yeah I can see it

-Also options for the top button of your jersey to be unbuttoned. I know the button idea might be a little extreme but it would add more personality to the game. If NBA 2K is adding mouthguards to their game, then I don't think this is that extreme.

Yeah, as long as it isn't difficult to implement, I agree.

-They should add an option for baggier pants than the ones they already have in the game. Sabathia wears his pants even baggier than any options they have in the game. They should also add an option to have baggy pants with high socks as well. Curtis Granderson and many others wear baggier pants with high socks. This would add to the visuals of the game. (Though its not that big of a deal, i am just very O.C.D when it comes to detail.)

Yeah, not a huge deal but could be done

-Instead of the beach ball they should add little pigeons flying on to the field. Lol

I actually like the idea of birds and such

-They really need to improve the textures of the outfield grass in all the stadiums. They still look very ugly to me.

Looks pretty good to me, I think the color could be better but otherwise I don't see an issue

-Tattoos should be in the game. At least give the option to design your own tattoo an add it to your own Road to the show player. And also give us the option to add it to the players already in the game.

A tattoo designer isn't something I see them doing... I'd like to find a way to get some kind of tattoos on players, but it would have to be a easy add-in

-Game face. This should have been an option already. Let us take a picture of ourselves and put our own mugs in the game.

I'd like to see it

-Players should wear their actual team uniforms in the All Star games. If you have to remove RETRO Stadiums to have enough space to add this option in the game. Then do it!!!!!

It's not an issue of how much space they have, it is the memory that it would require. They said they tried, but the game would barely run (only a couple frames per second) with all players wearing different jerseys. They could only do it if they got the jersey files smaller.

GAMEPLAY:

-You should be able to dive into the stands to make a play.

Sounds like a nightmare to code, but I'd like to see it

-They should also add some collisions when fielding. Collisions at first base. Collisions with the catcher at home plate. And collisions in the outfield when two outfielders are running towards the ball at the same time.

They've said they won't be adding them any time soon, it might be a MLB thing or just a nightmare to code and have working right

-They should also allow you to move in the batters box. They have it in Retro mode. Should also be in the regular game. I know it would be hard to add because they would have to make it look more natural than just having the batter slide back and forth. Mvp baseball 2005 implemented it pretty well.

Not a big deal... very few guys move much

-Give us the option to create our own batting stance. I know this is easier said than done. But it would be cool to have the option to mix the upper body batting stances of let's say a Gary Sheffield (*I know he doesn't play anymore. Just an example.) with Curtis Granderson's lower body stance. etc.

I'd like to see it, but yeah it'd be hard.
My responses to these in bold. I just think that a lot of these are not worth it when analyzing the resources required and the benefits of them. Some good ideas though
Advertisements - Register to remove