Thread: Meter pitching
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 11:24 AM   #1
BigOscar
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Meter pitching

May as well rename it random pitching. It just throws it wherever it wants, regardless of whether you get the meter right. The input doesn't correspond to the outcome at all.

I've lost count of the number of times I've aimed the ball a good foot below the zone, perfected the meter, only for the game to decide to throw it so it just sits their perfectly at the bottom of the zone asking to be smashed. Or you throw a perfect up and in fast ball, but the computer decides "nah, you wanted that right down the middle". That's before you even get to what happens if you just miss your spot on the meter, when it becomes completely random and you're at the mercy of the computer as to whether missing your spot by a millimetre means that curveball in the dirt might instead be right down the middle.

Don't know what they've done to it as it wasn't like this last year. Last year if you pressed too soon the ball would miss high, too late and it would miss low, this year it just throws it wherever it wants. If you got it right then the ball generally went in the general direction at least of where you aimed.

I know someone will be really helpful and say switch to analog, but why should people be punished for which pitching meter they use? Surely all of them should just work if you do it right?
Advertisements - Register to remove