View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 05:02 PM   #5
southernmetalhead
Inter Miami

southernmetalhead's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Wandering in the Desert II: Arizona Coyotes (NHL 17)

The Magic Man is bringing his act to Arizona.

Datsyuk Chooses Coyotes Over KHL

The first big move of the John Chayka era in Arizona surprised everyone today when 38-year-old star center Pavel Datsyuk announced he was not in fact headed home to Russia, but instead joining up with the Coyotes to extend his prolific NHL career. Arizona acquired the rights to Datsyuk from the Detroit Red Wings on June 24 in a draft night trade that also got the Coyotes the 16th overall pick (Jakob Chychrun) for the 20th pick (Dennis Cholowski), the 53rd pick (Filip Hronek), and Joe Vitale. It seemed at the time that Datsyuk was certainly headed to the KHL to sign with SKA St. Petersburg, but now things have dramatically changed.

"I decided to remain in the NHL," Datsyuk said. "Things change and that's what happened. I have 1-year left on my contract, so maybe I go back to Russia next year."

Datsyuk broke into the league with Detroit in the 2001-02 season and has won 2 Stanley Cups in his career. In 953 games, he has 314 goals and 918 points. The remaining year of his contract has a salary cap hit of $7.5 million.
Advertisements - Register to remove