View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 01:38 PM   #43
Lexicon
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Pretty frustrated about the the lack of focus on Franchise Mode. I've heard it all before. Heard "next year," "building for the future," "2-3 year plan," "sharing tech to benefit from other teams," etc.

It is what it is. Nothing we can do about it but hope they're not just giving us the run-around. Creative decisions come from the top. I am, however, sort of disappointed to hear the "shared tech" speech again. Ignite was supposed to be shared tech that was supposed to help, but it yielded very little. Not to mention that NBA Live is not the game I'd be confident in associating the future of a mode with. Even at its best, Live's franchise mode has never been much besides a basic mode. Now, if it was NBA 2K they were sharing tech and dev talent with, I'd be ecstatic about that. Obviously, that would never happen.

We know by past experience that the stuff they're putting into Franchise this year is probably going to have it's flaws, as even the score ticker doesn't work correctly to this day. So what we'll have in the end is a few additions that may or may not work and the same lifeless mode as before.

I'm interested in Longshot, because
a) I love the injection of Texas Football into the story (love FNL) and the combine-to-draft story (love Two Days in April and the draft is my favorite thing in all of sports)
and b) it has some life to it. So I'm still on the fence about buying M18, because I do think the game sounds like an upgrade in most areas, I'm just once again disappointed in their direction of Franchise Mode. They can tell us what they'd like, but as a consumer, I want them to deliver.