View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 05:06 PM   #73
Gosens6
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
I am tired of hearing about how they are doing this and that to lay the ground for stuff down the road or in the future. This is ridiculous. They will not accept $10 for the game if I tell them I am laying the groundwork to pay them in the future. It is only because they have no competition that they can "lay the ground work for the future".

They should look at 2k and other developers who are hungry.

That being said, the game does look like it is shaping up to be better.
It's funny, you go over to the 2K forum and the exact opposite is being said about 2K by that games fans.

As for Madden, I'm one of the few who can see the progress this team is making with this game. Think of where we were just a few years ago with the debacle that was Madden 25 on the PS4/XOne. That game was awful.

To play that, and then to play 17, and then to hear all of the gameplay news about 18, how can a serious, hardcore football fan not be excited to play this game? They've even thrown us hardcore franchise guys a few bones, because they knew they weren't doing anything groundbreaking this year, but hey, they gave us something.

From what we're hearing, the gameplay is going to be astounding this season. Cleaning up all these legacy issues, innacurate QB's actually being inaccurate!! It's a Christmas Miracle.

It's getting to me that more people aren't celebrating all of this Sim oriented stuff the devs have been throwing to us on the low in between all of that Longshot and MUT promotional work.

Some of us see it, and we're pumped. Reservations are to be expected because of Maddens track record, but this dev team seems to be committed to bringing us a Sim on the field experience, while still keeping their competitive crowd happy with different gameplay settings. This is HUGE and people are acting like nothing is happening.

Man, for the first time in a LONG time, I'm actually pumped for the on the field gameplay in Madden.