Old 06-15-2017, 09:15 PM   #2548
WarMMA
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MMA Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I tend not to believe Dana when it comes to future fights. He's been wrong so many times that his word on Conor's future means nothing. If Conor says that he's fighting later this year I'll believe it.

You make a good point about it being a circus fight. I don't mind it and I'm a bit of a boxing purist. One, true boxing fans have two fights to look forward to. Canelo/GGG and Ward Kovalev 2. For all the talk about how people want true fights, I would bet money that the Conor fight has more ppv buys than both fights combined.

Two, like I said earlier it's not like it's keeping Floyd from fighting another top boxer. If you don't like it, don't buy it. But plenty of people will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yh it will be bigger than any past or upcoming ppv fights this year just cuz of the fact that these are two household names and extremely popular fighters. I have friends who don't even watch any MMA or boxing that say they are going to buy the fight. It's going to be huge and sell huge. Then you have fans of the sports who will clash (to them it's mma vs boxing) and the purists who will try to get all technical about it, but it's really just a spectacle. A big show for big money. As far as Conor coming back to MMA, I really hope he does. I'm not the biggest fan of Conor the showman, but i'm a huge fan of Conor the fighter.