View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 04:01 AM   #12
Atax1s
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Yeah but here is the reality of NFL pockets:

Tom Brady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXb-VTrg3Mg&t=1m45s

Now obviously only a couple qbs can do that, and Brady isn't known for a mobile qb, but that was throwing a leading, precision pass while drifting to the left under pressure from two angles while falling to the ground.

That seems to be exactly what you'd need target passing mapped to the RS for. And as for not everyone being Brady, just give an accuracy penalty to people doing it without arguably the best qb ever.

Of course I bring this point up knowing there is a line between balanced gameplay and realism that might not be crossable. Perhaps plays like what Brady made there will have to forever remain out of the game in the interest of balanced play?

6 out of the 9 passes in that video were stationary passes from the pocket. Here's the thing. You don't have to activate target passing right away. You can roll out of the pocket and THEN hit L2 to bring up the primary. Again, the point of the precision passing is to emulate the rule in the NFL, not the outlier. Believe me, Brady, Rodgers, etc. are outliers.

Also, do you know how difficult it is from a dexterity standpoint to control both sticks AND hit the face button to throw it? Get it into your hands and you'll see why it makes sense the way they did it. How many times have people asked for a skill gap. This mechanic introduces that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports