View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 04:33 PM   #5
Iteachpercussion
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Classic Roster Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
It has always been my experience that you cannot create realistic classic rosters that reflect how players played and also have a realistic OVR. Like you said, the OVR formulas are ridiculous in my opinion. Most FBs wind up being 99 or so since you have to inflate their AWR, blocking and passing ability, to ensure they pick up the right guys.

I prefer skewed OVRs with players that look and perform how I remember them.

C
You are correct, the OVRs are not a really good indication of how a player plays. On my rosters I have tried to balance the two concepts. I know a lot of Madden players look solely at the OVR and if they are "off" by Madden standards they think the roster is not accurate or what not. So, I have tried to keep that in mind. Plus, if you allow the CPU to control teams in CFM, the OVR is the most important thing in terms of money, trades, draft, free agency and starters. None of that is important if you do a 32 team CFM and control those aspects.

I am leaning more towards ignoring the OVR for many positions in order to create the most realistic roster.

Thanks for the feedback! ANy additional info or words of wisdom are appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove