View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 06:46 PM   #37
fballturkey
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Which do you prefer Offline or Online?

Offline for a lot of reasons. Most importantly now is that I don't always have the time to sit down and play uninterrupted for any period of time. I've got a wife, a baby and another on the way. There just isn't time very often. Offline I can always pause.

But I've always been mainly offline and I used to be a single dude with nothing but time on my hands, so there are other reasons. I like control. I like being able to rage quit a game against the CPU. It feels good sometimes. I like being able to move at my own pace, both directions. In an online CFM you're limited by how quickly everyone else finishes their stuff. On the other side of that coin you have to play a game every X number of days. I don't want to have to play a video game. That's not fun to me. Games are about detaching from responsibility to me, not making more.

And I want to be able to edit players to my liking. Maybe I want Bucky Hodges to be the next big TE. I can do that. Maybe I hate Matt Ryan and want to tank his ratings. I can do that. Maybe I want to put myself and my friends into the game in different positions as rookies. I can do that. Can't have any of that fun online.

And the last thing that comes to mind is stress. I get competitive and stressed out when playing online. When someone is running the same dumb play over and over it's annoying. These are the opposite feelings that I want to have when playing a video game. Offline I can always just walk away and start a new game right away.

I have played online some. I got a little into MUT a couple years ago and Draft Champions is a brilliant game mode even if I don't play a ton of it. I wish the offline DC were better (one gimmie game, one mostly gimmie game, one good game? Let me play the good ones till I lose or something). Nothing is going to hold a candle to franchise mode for me though; that's going to be the mode I play the most forever. Drafting guys, watching them develop, playing god a little when I want to, keeping the financials straight, that's fun to me. That's always going to be the core of the experience to me even if there's a lot about the current incarnation of CFM I really don't like.