View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 10:14 AM   #12
Iteachpercussion
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Classic Roster Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
I curve the ratings based on position also. Definitely more important than overall. I try to keep the attribute ratings somewhat near the guideline of the games default draft class on past Madden's. Let's say you are making a roster and wanted to lower speed significantly for the entire roster and you set the fastest WR speed at 90 and had less than ten WR's with 85 speed on the entire roster. Nearly all of the WR's that you edited will be replaced by draft picks immediately by the CPU without heavy editing to the draft class. I would much rather edit the roster file that I downloaded then have to edit the draft picks every year.

*Off Subject - EA is adding audio to create a player's for M18. I can't remember the last Madden game to have this option.
Over the years I have tried several things with the rosters. One roster I did lower WR speed overall. I was not super happy with the results in terms of gameplay.

I can live with most of what Madden has as individual ratings, but it is the OVR formula that messes everything up. RBs are the best example because you cannot make a truly great elusive or great power back and have the OVR accurately reflect their abilities. Instead and average balanced back will end up with a higher OVR and that isn't right.

However, in terms of classic rosters, my biggest issue is with QBs. You simply cannot make the game create realistic stats, in played games or simmed games with the QB ratings. There will not be enough incomplete passes, not enough interceptions and as a result the QBs are just too good. This is a problem with the build of the game because it is based on the more Modern NFL. Today's QBs are not better than QBs of the past, but the game is different, the rules are different, the offensives are different. So, the only way to adjust to fix the QBs. The other option is to simply say the classic rosters are playing in the modern world and just go with the numbers. For me personally, I do not like that option. I know a lot of people are ok with it. But I also know a lot of folks on this forum want as much true to life as they can get. That is where my dilemma is.

I have thought about releasing two versions of the same roster. One would be inline with the normal Madden ratings. There would be no need for editing by the user. Then I would create another version which nerfed QBs, decreased BCV for RBs and lowered the Release and some other ratings for WRs, and nerfed TEs. That would be for those who only want to play 1 season with the roster, or are interested in editing draft classes. The problem is, that is A LOT more work on my end. I do like to play the game sometimes too. lol

*Your off-topic point: I do not remember Madden ever having an audio setting for players. Do you know if that will be editable for current players?