Old 06-18-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
MLBfanatic97
Rookie

MLBfanatic97's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Light Up The Halo | Los Angeles Angels Dynasty

February 12th, 2017

Alright, let's see what we got.

"So usually I like to stay rather involved in the building of the roster," Moreno said, "but I'm going to basically let you have free reign to do what you think is right."

Whoa.

"Thank you for trusting me like this sir, I'll do my best."

"Just one thing: don't trade Trout."

"Understood sir."

Looks like we're gonna have to do this the hard way then.

Looking over the team, not much would really be changed from 2016. Maybin, Espinosa, Revere, Chavez, Fister, Maldonado and Valbuena are all new additions to the team that will be key contributors this season. Heaney and Tropeano are still out recovering from Tommy John surgery, but Heaney may be able to return come August or September.

PITCHING

Everyone expects the Angels' pitching staff to tread water waiting for Heaney and Tropeano to return, while hoping Skaggs and Richards can manage to stay healthy. The bullpen is a huge question mark, with Bedrosian the only real highlight. Huston Street is still dealing with back issues and isn't due to come back until sometime in May, so that leaves Bedrosian as closer for now.

OUTFIELD

The Angels in the outfield ( ) look better than they have in years, with Maybin, Trout and Calhoun all set to rob some home runs and hit some themselves. Ben Revere will most likely be the 4th outfielder, with Bourn potentially making it 5 if he can prove he's worthy of a spot during spring training.

INFIELD

The infield is anchored by Andrelton Simmons at short and Danny Espinosa at 2nd. Whether or not they will be able to produce with the bat is a different question, and in Espinosa's case is a huge question mark. Yunel Escobar is at 3rd base and in a contract year, so whether or not he will be resigned after 2017 depends on his performance with the bat and the glove. Over at 1st, we have Luis Valbuena and (to a lesser extent) Albert Pujols. Pujols is chasing 600 HR, but will he be able to make meaningful contributions to the team? Or will he simply be chasing milestones for the rest of his time in Anaheim? CJ Cron and Jefry Marte will be looking to force the issue and earn a roster spot over at first as well. Behind the plate we have a platoon of Carlos Perez and Martin Maldonado. Maldonado was sent to Anaheim in a trade that saw Jett Bandy shipped to Milwaukee. Bandy had a decent bat, but Maldonado has the better glove, so hopefully he lives up to expectations.

Los Angeles Angels Depth Chart - 2017
  • Catcher
  • Carlos Perez
  • Martin Maldonado
  • Juan Graterol
  • First Base
  • Luis Valbuena
  • CJ Cron
  • Jefry Marte
  • Second Base
  • Danny Espinosa
  • Third Base
  • Yunel Escobar
  • Nolan Fontana
  • Shortstop
  • Andrelton Simmons
  • Cliff Pennington
  • Left Field
  • Cameron Maybin
  • Ben Revere
  • Center Field
  • Mike Trout
  • Michael Bourn
  • Right Field
  • Kole Calhoun
  • Ben Revere
  • Starting Pitcher
  • Garrett Richards
  • Tyler Skaggs
  • Matt Shoemaker
  • Jesse Chavez
  • Doug Fister
  • Ricky Nolasco
  • Relief Pitcher
  • Mike Morin
  • Yusmeiro Petit
  • Blake Parker
  • Jose Alvarez
  • Bud Norris
  • JC Ramirez
  • Closer
  • Cam Bedrosian
  • Designated Hitter
  • Albert Pujols
  • Disabled List
  • Andrew Heaney
  • Nick Tropeano
  • Huston Street

PROSPECTS

The Angels don't have many prospects to be extremely excited about, but if there's any of them that you should pay attention to, it's Jahmai Jones and Matt Thaiss. Jones is a 50 FV outfielder whose best tool is his speed. He had a great 2016 season in rookie ball and will be looking to build on that success in 2017. Thaiss is a former catcher who is trying to stick at 1st base. He has a great eye, but will need to develop power to really become a viable option as a first baseman.

"Any questions?" asked Moreno.

"I think I'm good for now. Thank you sir."

Let's do this.

Last edited by MLBfanatic97; 06-18-2017 at 05:16 PM.