View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 10:27 AM   #54
TarHeelPhenom
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: TeamBuilder teams in the Editor (WIP)

I sent a message to my man Skull but I wanted to see what the rest of you guys thought about this idea as well...

When I saw this thread on being able to edit Teambuilder teams in the editor I started to think about some of the things that might be able to be done. One thing I came up with was possibly doing a US Army All-American game or Under Armoir All-American game by using the actual recruits. Basically here was my thought...

1) Take a dynasty file with populated recruits, do an export of the recruits attributes.

2) Also in the dynasty file, add the two US Army teams or Under Armour Teambuilder teams in place of 2 other teams, customize schedule to have them play each other in week 1.

3) Do an export of the 2 Teambuilder rosters.

4) Go in and add by copy and paste whichever recruits you want to occupy the East and West Rosters.

5) Save and then make a separate dynasty file. This file would be for the sole purpose of playing the high school all-star game.

So in my mind me this all sounds good. But the first issue I ran into was the obvious...the tables are different for recruits and for roster so when you do an export of both the rows and columns in the Excel spreadsheet are different. I'm not real good with Excel as I only know the absolute minimum.

So my question is can it be done? I thought this would be a good idea and just adding a little more to the game by actually being able to "watch" the recruits play instead of it all being "text like" recruiting.

Tell me what you think and if it can be done. I'll prolly post the same thing in your thread as well and see what others say as well.