View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 03:15 PM   #14
Retropyro
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Which Sports Game Has the Most to Prove in the Next Year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
It shocks me that NBA 2K & MLB The Show are in this conversation. These games are vastly superior to NHL & Madden NFL. Criticise the lack of progression of these 2 games over the last couple of years as much as you like. The fact that the NFL/NHL games haven't come anywhere close in this time underlines the greatness of these games. Any game at any time in the history of video games can be subject to negative criticism. But to call out weaknesses in the 2 franchises that set the standard.....that seems crazy to me.*
The reality is that we are so used to the below par offerings of NHL & Madden that we subconsciously make allowances for the standards of they 2 *franchise games.

I constantly read write ups of people praising the likes of 2K's College football games or EA's MVP Baseball series. Yes they were great titles at the time. But they're nowhere near the standard we now, all too complacently enjoy.

To me, NBA 2K17 is a mess. Yes it has plenty of content, and if the game worked properly it would be great. But when I have to spend a minimum of 20 minutes just to load into the game then the game is on the verge of being broken.

I don't care how "deep" a game is if it's not playable. Madden or NHL? They maybe are shallow, but I can play them. I also feel playing them I have far more control over players compared to the canned animations of NBA 2K.

Don't even get me started on the online servers for NBA.

What I find crazy, are people who blindly defend NBA 2K and seemingly give them a pass for every failing.