View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 09:31 PM   #1115
thesportsguru11
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

TDL breaks ribs, out seven weeks

Diaco names Jackson permanent starter at QB

Well that ended nicely.

Just ten days after throwing for 295 yards and two scores leading UConn to a win over Boston College, Tanner Dean-Lowry's tenure in Hartford might be over.

After throwing for 1400 yards and 12 TD's in four games, the junior ended the worst game of his college career last Saturday against Oklahoma in a heap on Owen Field. On Wednesday, TDL was diagnosed with three broken ribs, keeping him out for at least the next five games.

Coach Bob Diaco announced that his backup, fourth year junior Isaac Jackson, will assume the starting QB job on a permanent basis. Jackson threw for 212 yards and a touchdown in the fourth quarter after entering in relief of TDL and after a few snaps for true freshman Alex Paige and nearly guiding UConn to a come from behind victory.

Diaco believes the Druid Hills, Georgia native is back on the right path after lashing out at his coach after the Michigan game and has full confidence in I-Jax going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Diaco
I-Jax is plenty capable, now he gets the chance to prove it for good. The incident was the first time he had done anything wrong in his three and a half years here, and I'm all for giving second chances. He'll have the job as long as he stays healthy, and I hope that inserting him into the lineup will be a seamless transition and we can get right back into the Big 12 race and the National picture.

Jackson did not comment publicly, but said he is pleased and thankful for the outcome and is wishing the best for TDL to make a full recovery.

UConn is on a bye this week, which will give Jackson extra time to practice with the first team offense. The Huskies will play Texas Tech at the Property in Week 7.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Advertisements - Register to remove