View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #10
brza37
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Online Leagues

I've been a league commissioner since 2011 and involved in multiple other franchises during that time as well. I really liked T4Verts' interview with John White and the idea of getting OS to come together with a comprehensive top 5.

I had a hard time choosing a top 5 though as there are so many aspects I feel need improvement or are completely missing right now. I ended up with 11 which was still hard to cut down too. I know only the top 5 will count in the survey but figured I should post the others too purely for discussion. I found a bunch of other suggestions so spot on that I copied them to my list and just built off of them.

1. Commissioner Override for User Settings
Allow commissioners to override all user settings globally for everyone. IE ball hawk, tackle assist, run assist. If its a setting for league settings there should be two options commish can pick - User choice or Locked In . This makes everyone in the league play by same settings without having to police it.

2. The ability to jump back in to a disconnected game
People's time is important, John was right. Either have game save data at end of each quarter, half quarter something to save all data (Score, time on clock, stats, injuries, ball placement, possesion , etc). It could create only 1 save file and overwrite it with each new save, maybe even do it after each play would be ideal but prob difficult. At end of completed game, it auto erases save file, less stress on servers, allow us to pick up from DC and not have to replay an hour (45 min - 1 hour is average gametime) long game, our time is valuable.

3. Online League App / Website
To manage my team fully & keep up with the league progress from my phone, Ability to Draft Via Smart Phone, Disable Injuries in App, Ability to Send & Accept trades, Sign FA, FA Bidding, Scouting, Game Prep, Resign/offer contracts to players currently on team, Spend XP, Adjust depth chart, Change Schemes, Toggle on/off Injuries. They took most of these away from us, we need them back ASAP, extremely important for online leagues. Basically everything we can do in-game except play football should be possible on a website or app so we don't have to spend that time on our consoles and can remain immersed in our league from anywhere.

4. Optional alternative non-performance-based Progression System

Gaining more XP based on stats and awards is backwards. Players should not improve because they performed well. In online leagues this leads to stat padding and widening gaps in competition as the best users gain the most XP and thus better rated teams season after season. Players should perform well because they improved. Ratings should be progressed or XP earned solely on practice focus, positional coach ratings, % of Snaps played per Season, Development rating and some random probability. Make it an option so those who like the current system can continue to use that. You can't please everyone with one system so give the consumer multiple options.

5. Full Commissioner Control
Commissioner's need more tools to control their online leagues. Ability to Undo and/or Veto Trades, Releases and Position Changes (Many leagues are ruined through rage roster edits). Ability to create Custom Divisions/Move Teams to other Divisions each year, and Flex (Pre-Season) Scheduling. Allow Commissioner to Restrict FA Anytime, Reset Game Results, Edit Injuries or Suspend Players, Edit/Reward/Subtract XP and Scouting Points (Helps players who joined a CFM late). And all features should be logged so the league knows what the Commissioners have done.

--------------------------------------------

Also important but just didn't make the top 5 cut:

6. Coaches – OC's, DC's, positional coaches & Training staff
Non-performance based Progression System is the main reason OC's, DC's and positional coaches should be added. Each coach should have ratings which affect progression of their players in certain categories. Teams should be given an equal Coach's Salary Cap to spend on Staff in order to make this an even playing field.

7. Retool the FA period.
It's a huge aspect of NFL football and it has currently been destroyed by the transparent point system which just leads to last second sniping. Add promises to the equation like NCAA Football 14 had so its not always just the top bidder who wins.

8. Weekly Wrap-Up/Highlight Show
Animated Studio show with Scores and Stats from top games of the previous week. Allow Users to nominate 1-4 highlights per game which can be used in the weekly highlight show.

9. Improved Record Tracking
Keep track of previous season and total win/loss records vs. other human opponents (non-autopilot or simmed). Additionaly the following should be tracked: win/loss record total, Super Bowl History with scores, Statistical Records with Player, Franchise Year and User ID even if the user is no longer a league member, etc.

10. True Waiver Wire
A true waiver wire should be implemented so that weaker teams have first dibs on cut players. The length of the waiver period should be adjustable by the Commish (ie. 1 day, 2 days, next Advance etc.)

11. User voting for award winners/pro bowlers
Allow each user to vote for any players not on his team after the regular season. Nominations should be set by the CPU or Commish so the choices are somewhat limited. Full Stats should be shown for each nominee so users can easily vote.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise