View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 11:34 AM   #1198
thesportsguru11
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

Noteworthy Scores:

(I apologize, I don't have the usual stats graphic for the top games nor can I get to the console right now. Oh well...)

Cal 44, Stanford 41
Colorado 22, Arizona State 16
Oregon 38, Washington State 17
Arkansas 48, Mississippi State 41
Tennessee 35, Vanderbilt 24
Auburn 31, Texas A&M 10
Missouri 48, Georgia 23
LSU 26, Kentucky 24
Ole Miss 38, South Carolina 28
Florida 23, Alabama 22
Florida State 38, Syracuse 21
Michigan 45, Iowa 23
Wisconsin 36, Minnesota 34
Nebraska 34, Northwestern 23
Michigan State 40, Penn State 28
TCU 35, Texas Tech 13
Oklahoma 65, Baylor 28
Houston 34, Oklahoma State 28
Temple 41, UCF 24

NCAA Players of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBritishGuy
Into the Big XII Championship Game, wonderful! Smashing Texas to get there, priceless!! Big win, especially with the 4 turnovers.

Might just be me, but damn shame Williamson didn't quite get to the 200+ club today! But a big performance so close to end of season has to help in the Heisman race....
Thanks BritishGuy! Relieved for sure.. not our greatest effort as Texas still gave us a good game, but as you mentioned, that +4 turnover ratio won it. I'd bet that if Null and Livingston were healthy for the 'Horns it would've been a much different outcome.

I generally try to pad stats if someone is close to a milestone or a record or some equivalent. I tried to get Williamson to 200 but it just wasn't meant to be today, unfortunately. Seems as if his good game didn't do him much good Heisman-wise, but it's a tight race this year with himself, Merriman and Miles and now with Scales entering the mix. Williamson is still having a fantastic year and has a real shot to challenge our single season rushing records when all is said and done.

As nice as clinching was a week early, unfortunately we don't get a cupcake game. Houston comes to town.. they're our rivals and we always get a good game from them too. Can't lie down just yet.

Thanks for the comment!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.