Old 08-20-2017, 01:01 PM   #6
OhMrHanky
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gameplay Items Being Looked At For First Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
I can only speak on the zones and pass rush so far. My issue with zone defense hasn't been specific to just one zone assignment or against one route, it's across the board. On default all-pro, sinulation, I would guess that at least 70-75% of the time one of my defenders will fail to re-act properly to an offensive player near his zone or the defender will not be in the proper area to cover his zone.

For example: a linebacker picks up the TE running a corner route, as the TE leaves that area he heads toward a zone my corner is supposed to be occupying but my corner doesn't acknowledge him and instead continues to back pedal the entire time. Happens consistently, no matter the ratings.

Yup. I just want to repost and harp on this as much as possible. It's the lack of awareness of safeties to offensive players entering their zones. They seem completely oblivious of the football going on on the field. They simply back pedal and WAIT until the QB throws to do anything. This is TOO LATE to be effective and any safety that performed this way IRL would be kicked off the team ASAP!! Lol.

So, it's not the reaction to QB throw. It's the lack of reaction to players in their zones.

I have personally noticed this using Tampa Cover 2. A slot WR can run a post and annihilate this coverage underneath the safeties because they are back pedaling and playing so far back. It's one thing to protect against the long ball over the top, it's another to completely ignore players near or in your zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk