View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 03:57 PM   #1202
thesportsguru11
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

EDIT: I'd also like to acknowledge two seniors no longer on our team who won't be part of the festivities, Sam Rourke and Jake Crowder. Screw them.

UConn Flashback:

UConn has a storied history with the Cougars. They are the only team that UConn has played in each year of this dynasty. In total, UConn is 7-0 against Houston, spanning all the way back to the AAC days and now into the Big 12. Relive each thrilling game of the series' history by clicking on the year down below!

2014: UConn kept their fading bowl hopes alive by turning in an excellent defensive performance in the nickel package en route to defeating the bowl-bound Cougars.

2015: On Halloween afternoon, Maxy DeLorenzo ran for 100 yards, Thomas Lucas added 100 more through the air, and UConn proved their win over the AAC West-leading Cougs was no fluke. UConn would go 4-1 in the last two months of the season.

2016: Jamar Summers, the former best corner in school history, tallied a school-record quartet of INT's at the expense of 1st round draft pick John O'Korn. Ron Johnson ran for 130 yards in place of starter Josh Marriner, who went down hurt early in the game.

2016 AAC Title Game: With a New Year's Six spot on the line, UConn brought the show back to Rentschler Field and proceeded to destroy Houston for a second time on the season to send UConn to its first ever Rose Bowl. Jhavon Williams and Jordan Floyd picked off O'Korn twice apiece, while Bryant Shirreffs threw 3 TD's and Josh Marriner ran for 2 more in the 52-31 victory.

2017: UConn kept their perfect season and CFP hopes alive with a nerve-racking 20-13 victory. UConn's D held Houston to no points in the second half despite backup QB Tre Pollock completing 22 of his 25 passes. Return man extraordinaire Arkeel Newsome brought back a kickoff for a score while the legendary 300 pound linebacker Quintin Harrell led the defense with 8 tackles, a sack and an INT.

2018: Despite a late-season collapse to dash hopes of a repeat national title bid in the Big 12, UConn took care of business on Senior Day to top Houston with little difficulty, a 45-20 win. Freshman revelation Tanner Dean-Lowry threw for 4 TD's while Arkeel Newsome added 166 yards on the ground. Derek Robinson brought back an INT of Bear Fenimore to the house while the defense combined for six sacks in a dominating effort.

2019: In part of the unposted section of the 2019 season shortly after the revival of the thread, UConn won in Houston with little difficulty, a 31-7 decision. Isaac Jackson threw for almost 250 yards and a pair of TDs, while senior nose tackle T.J. Newell tallied a career-high four sacks on Jarrett Kiniry.

------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
Solid win against a banged up Texas squad. Shav Wade is a monster dude.

On another note, IM GOING BOWLING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THIS DYNASTY
Wade has been incredible.. four picks in the last two games. I thought Jake Crowder's struggles and eventual departure could've spelled doom for us.. especially because I have no faith in Kyler Parks' coverage abilities. But Shav has put all of that to rest single handedly.

Shav already has 14 career INT's in 25 games. The school record is 21. He's only a true sophomore. The career record is well within reach, and if for some reason he stays past his junior year, Shav could demolish the career INTs record.

For the longest time I thought it would be hard for anyone to top what Jamar Summers accomplished in the early years of this dynasty.. he had the famous 4 INT game against Houston in his junior year and picked off a couple passes in the CFP as a senior. Summers broke the career INT record in the Natty against Florida with a pair of picks. He was the best corner in school history. Shav blew past him with excitement, buzz and a pick a week.

I'm going to rework the dynasty hall of fame at some point to make it more exclusive. As of right now, Josh Marriner is the only guy through seven seasons who deserves an HOF slot. If Shav keeps going at the rate he's at, he'll join Marriner right on Page 1 when his time is up.

As for Coach Crenshaw... my Coach Shea made the CFP in his first year in the CAC pool, and he's won a national title. I was more excited to see Central's victory flash across the in-game ticker than I ever was about Coach Shea's accomplishments. I told you 2020 would be your year.. I never fail to disappoint!......... sometimes, that is. Congrats bud :thumbup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookWork123
Nice to clinch the east and to see my CAC have some success!
It's certainly nice to clinch but I'm certainly worried about thinking ahead to the Conference Title Game and possibly the CFP.. we'll see what happens. Houston always plays us tough, and I'd hate to get tripped up on senior day.

Coach Nama got totally shafted with a 6-6 record and no bowl last year. I'm pleased to see Cincy take that to heart and storm back. There's a veteran team at your disposal with a good QB in Will Curry, a fantastic tailback in RB Chris Madison, and some wideout depth too. You guys are in the catbird seat to win the AAC East so I'm pulling for you guys to get there.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 08-20-2017 at 04:03 PM.