View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 09:31 AM   #33
Bootzilla
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

1 game. Play Now. All-Pro. 14 min. qtrs. 16 accel clock. Me Falcons, cpu Rams.

Goff scrambled first play. Picked up 3 yards. No other scrambles for positive yards but moved in the pocket. No statue sacks but should have thrown the ball away a couple of times.

Cpu had 3 inaccurate throws (1 picked). 2 drops. One hit separating ball from receiver. Everything else completed. 18 for 23. Mostly pretty wide open underneath. Zones too loose. Even on 3rd and 8 with "play the sticks" safeties are dropping 15 to 20 yards.

I had a couple of inaccurate throws. Threw one pick when I hit the wrong button. Again, coverage a little loose although seemed better than my defense.

Cpu mixed up play calls. Ran some draws on 3rd down. Didn't go crazy with 4 verts (Although there weren't very many 3rd and long situations).

Cpu bad clock management to end the first half. Had time outs, in field goal range, and let the clock run out.

I gave up 2 long TDs. One my corner got toasted in man defense (beat right away, burned by 10 plus yards). The other Tavon Austin shook like 3 of my defenders for a big run after catch.

Run game was fine. I'm not the best so it wasn't super easy for me. The cpu had a couple of nice runs in the first half. Shut them down in the second.

Freeman fumbled 3 times. Recovered 1. I wasn't doing special moves or anything. Covered the ball. Maybe the cpu was on aggressive. I went conservative once I got the lead and was running clock.

No injuries.

Games looks beautiful.

Biggest complaint is the zones the and lack of recognition/aggressiveness within them.