View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 11:12 PM   #10
Tizza23
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Commentary - Rookie Names List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
I don't think so but I will check. I created Boar Jackson and Storm Stewart when I first started and their last names were not said. Stewart I know is in and I assume Jackson is also said on generated rookies.

I know the announcers actually saying a rookie's name is a small detail but it's almost a night and day difference in realism inside of Franchise.
So moral of the story is don't edit the name, first or last, if you want the announcer to call them out. You can edit appearance, size, equipment, and attributes and you're fine. I do NOT know if the names are still called if you edit other parts of the first page like; school, position, or handiness. I question it because editing the first name did mess it up. (only 1 trial though)
Having a rookies last name is great but in many ways it limits my scouting options, I will draft a slightly lesser prospect at a position like QB if his last name is Jackson as opposed to a unique/obscure name I know won't be spoken by the commentators.. my best Draftee in madden 17 was a 79 Superstar QB with pick 14 named R.J Printers but I wouldn't draft him in this years mode if I know I can get a lesser player with commentary- immersion is everything for me in this game :/