Old 08-23-2017, 04:00 PM   #170
NYJin2011tm
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Haven't posted impressions in quite a few games, mainly because not much has change but I'll give a quick rundown of the games I've played since my last impressions:

Steelers (L 47-41) - Didn't like playing this game. Lost 47-41 in OT and there was just no defense on either side. There was around 1200 yards of total offense in it and it just was not fun at all to play. The Steelers must have ran verticals like 20 times in this game and it seemed like more often than not someone was absolutely wide open.

Rams (L 31-24) - This game was a lot better until the end. I was down 14-0 early but battled back and took the lead before having it tied back up. I punted the Rams down to the 5 with 1:05 to go and it took Goff like 35 seconds to go 95 yards and score. He ended up finishing 28-36 for over 400 yards but I sacked him 7 times.

Colts (W 36-21) - Fun game. Actually was able to play some defense and forced some turnovers. Still gave up over 300 yards through the air but a lot of it was late and I held Gore in check the whole game. Sacked Luck 6 times.

Panthers (W 28-24) -
One of the best games I've played. Newton felt a bit inaccurate and threw some wild passes. Only sacked him 4 times and he did move a bit but not very intelligently. Gave up a rushing touchdown to him on a read option near the goaline. This was a really fun game.

Saints (W 36-31) - Kind of a mix between the Steelers and Rams game. In the end it wasn't very fun but it was mainly because of the end. Punted it away up 30-25 with around 2:00 to go. Saints go into hurry and become pretty much unstoppable but I get a couple of sacks and force a 3rd and 25 from the 50 and they're still in hurry up. Then they completed a 50-yard TD with 12 seconds to go because my DB's bumped into each other and just completely stopped and allowed a guy to get behind them. Then I returned the ensuing kickoff for the game winning TD.

I didn't want to but I bit the bullet and changed some sliders. I was going to bump it back to All-Madden and try the settings I'd been playing with on M17 but I decided to instead tweak All-Pro a bit. Turned QB Accuracy to 20 on both sides. Turned my run blocking down to 40 and then bumped both Coverage and Reaction Time to 60 and knocked INT down to 40 on both sides.

Buccaneers (L 48-38) - The score looks bad but there was actually more defense in this game than in most games I've played. I had a pick six in the first with Peters which was nice to see because he's been a non-factor in most of my time playing. I had a 30-19 lead going into the fourth quarter after they blocked my XP and took it back for 2. They ended up scoring 29 points in the fourth quarter on a blocked punt TD and 2 pick sixes. It was just an implosion on my end. Defense did feel tighter and the accuracy changes definitely stood out for Winston. I started hot but missed more than a few passes as well and we both finished with just under 60% which has been quite rare.

Overall though, I think the game just needs more defense. I'm having a lot of fun and enjoying the game but the lack of defense can be really frustrating at times. I think if they could tighten up defense a bit and then make AI QB's a bit smarter then I'd be good. Just going to keep playing though and see what happens.

This is what turned me off on 17. Every game I played was 60-40, 60-50. It was like outdoor Arena League football. After about 10 games I stopped playing.