View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 05:46 PM   #265
slickdtc
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: How's your Franchise Mode Going?

Well I made it through the first round of the playoffs after an early scare. Drew the Buffalo Sabres and went down 2-0. Won the next two in Buffalo to even the series, finally won on home ice to take a 3-2 lead then dispatched them in Buffalo in 6.

The second round pitted my Flyers versus the Washington Capitals. I played them late in the season and identified them as a team I did not want to face in the playoffs (they were fighting for a WC and/or 3rd place in the Metro Division at the time). Welp, they shocked me 5-4 in Game 1. I was up 4-2 with like 10 minutes to play and they tied it up then got the go ahead goal and I couldn't equal. I would've felt a way about it, but I had previously had the game in a suspended state to come back to later, down 4-2 in the 3rd. We had some bad storms so I made the decision to shut down the system without completing the game. After some debate, I decided I had to replay it instead of simming and accepting whatever the results were. So I felt like I "earned" that loss. Ha

I wasn't about to risk going down 2-0 to a loaded Washington team, and I came out firing in Game 2. Was up 4-0 after one period but wasn't comfortable... so I added 4 more in the 2nd and another 4 in the 3rd. Stolarz lost the shutout late but the damage was done -- a 12-1 massacre and its 1-1 headed to DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove