Old 08-24-2017, 01:41 AM   #422
tonybologna
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm kind of sick about this trade honestly. When it first broke they were saying it was for IT, Crowder, Zizic and "picks" I was like okay, maybe I like this. However, when they said it was for Brooklyn's pick all of that changed and I hated it.

Losing IT sucks, especially after all he's done for the team and all that he's been through. But I can understand it as a business decision. It's really all going to come down to the Brooklyn picks. The difference between IT and Kyrie is less than Crowder (who has the best non-rookie contract in the league), Zizic (who has a lot of potential) and likely a Top 4-5 pick (which will probably be Bagley, Porter, Ayton, or Bamba).

I think, if the Brooklyn pick is Top 4, then Cleveland made themselves better/deeper this season and in the future and it's a A+ trade for them. For us, it's hard to say.... I'm excited about having Kyrie but I'm going to miss IT, Crowder and the nightly Nets watch that I've been used to the last two seasons. I hope I'm wrong and Stevens makes Kyrie even better but for now I'm not that happy with this deal.
Amen brother! Not having IT to watch on the floor as a Celtics is gonna be tough getting used to because he had so much heart & determination. The Nets are going to end up giving the Cavs pretty much a lottery pick. However, if the Lakers get the 2nd-5th pick in the next draft we will get that pick. We can't forget that either. Right now though the Cavs are the big winners of this deal. Getting 4 players for one & that 4th player possibly being a lottery pick too.

I don't believe Danny is going to stop here now though. I see another trade/move coming before the start of training camp. We really need another solid type player after giving up all that we did. I was glad that Avery Bradley wasn't in on the deal though. At least we got to keep our best two way player on the team. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11