charter04
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1317
6 Reasons Why Madden 18 Is Unplayable:

1. Defensive Alignments: This alone will kill pass coverage, and your ability to stop the run.

2. Pass Protection:
It doesn't matter who you ID as the Mike (the 5th rusher that your line is responsible for) because the offense lines AWR rating overrides your selection. It does this through it's psychic ability, to know who is blitzing.

3. Man Coverage:
Poor alignment, false steps, inability to maintain leverage, wonky animations, and broken coverage shading are all areas that kill man coverage.

4. Zone Coverage:
Lack of pattern reading in spot drop coverages, and the inability of cpu controlled players to decipher who is #1, #2, and #3 after route distribution in pattern matching coverages, makes zone coverage terrifyingly hard to watch play out.

5. Run Blocking:
Take the highly touted Duo (if you didn't know, duo simply means doubte teams), it is not blocked correctly, and odd fronts really throw off the blocking logic.

6. Run Defense:
The addition of run fits was long overdue. Sadly, how your players go about fulfilling their run responsibilities is terrible. That is why runs such as Duo, with inaccurate run blocking are viable options.

Sent from my XT1080 using Operation Sports mobile app

Many won't agree with you and will defend madden. I don't agree that it's unplayable in this state. I am having fun and can play it.

I do however agree with every point you made. Many won't notice these things and will say "it's just a video game". All of these things are things that could and should work right though.

I'm gonna wait until the first patch to give my full impressions but, right now the game plays very much like Madden 17 but with worse coverage

Last edited by charter04; 08-24-2017 at 07:42 AM.