View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 09:58 AM   #196
D6500
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Many won't agree with you and will defend madden. I don't agree that it's unplayable in this state. I am having fun and can play it.

I do however agree with every point you made. Many won't notice these things and will say "it's just a video game". All of these things are things that could and should work right though.

I'm gonna wait until the first patch to give my full impressions but, right now the game plays very much like Madden 17 but with worse coverage

I understand the sentiment, but I can't agree. Yes, this game needs a patch for sure. But it feels quite different than Madden 17 in so many aspects.

The collision detection is re-worked, and the player models have a very individual feel to them. I've seen far fewer awkward results in player interaction than before, especially with tackles, WR/DB interaction, and RB momentum and style. Ball physics are also different.

The presentation isn't much different, but the look of the game is. That with the physics makes for an improvement on many fronts.

But again, yes, there needs to be a patch to tidy up the zones. I just hope they don't go overboard. Subtle changes are needed, not a complete revamp.