View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 03:53 PM   #1
Outkizast
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Outkizast '18 Sliders (Changed to All-Madden)

UPDATES IN RED

I am now playing ALL-MADDEN. I'm usually stuck between All-Pro and All-Madden. I decided the game just plays more realistically for me on All-Madden. So I adjusted the sliders to match my skill level. There is a big lack of All-Madden sliders on the forums currently, although I just saw Charter post his. (I usually start with his and adjust in past Maddens) Hopefully these will be good for those of you that get beat too often on Jarrod and Charter's sliders.

What's up guys. I have been adjusting sliders and testing this game tirelessly and feel really good about the current setup at this point. I'm sure tweaks will be made as more and more games are played, but for now I'm having great games.

All my test games are done in CFM and controlling different types of teams (terrible qb/good qb, terrible o-line/good o-line, etc etc) to make sure the ratings matter as much as possible. This year's Madden definitely plays more true to ratings than any other Madden to date.

I almost always end up on All-Madden difficulty each year, but after testing I ended up on All-pro this year for the first time really. We'll see how it goes as I get better and better at '18. NOW ON ALL-MADDEN

RULES
I don't have a lot of extra "house rules" because I don't want them. Last year I ended up having to go with a strict no controlling the d-line, but this year I haven't had as much of an issue with it. I want to be able to control anyone and do my best to stop them without having to worry about nerfing my own ability and the tools I have at my disposal. I understand sometimes it is needed, but for now I'm playing with no house rules. Although I'm usually a safety or LB. For those of you that play strictly on the d-line, let me know.

I have heat seeker on, with the other assists off. I was giving up some big plays that were skewing the games too much strictly because I was terrible at tackling people in the open field. If I have a guy in position, I like the assist to help me not ruin everything.

The number one issue I have seen so far is a high number of sacks. Fortunately it isn't just for the user, as I have been sacked numerous times as well. I haven't seen a single team's sacks reaching over 7 yet.. But I have had a good amount of 7-6 sack games. I try to get the stats as close as I can with my sliders, but the game has to feel right as well. I'm not going to make the game dumbed down and boring and predictable just to make sure the stats are within a certain range. The game feels good in it's current state, so I don't want to up the pass blocking for user or cpu just to get a couple less sacks per game. The QB's have plenty of time in my opinion currently. And I have to account for their top pass rusher as well currently which I think is the first time that has ever happened to me in Madden.

I want ratings to matter as much as possible, and I don't want to stray too far from default because I feel you lose the unpredictability of the games if you go too far. Here is what I'm using right now and the game feels amazing to me right now:

Updated 9/19/17

Quarter Length: 15 min
Min Play Clock: 15 sec

Inj: 10

User:
QB Accuracy: 45
Pass Blocking: 65
WR Catching: 55
Run Blocking: 80
Fumbles: 57
Pass React: 75
Interceptions: 50
Pass Coverage: 75
Tackling: 63

CPU:
QB Accuracy: 15
Pass Blocking: 7
WR Catching: 40
Run Blocking: 25
Fumbles: 40
Pass React: 5
Interceptions: 15
Pass Coverage: 17
Tackling: 35

I haven't done much with gameplans to this point. I've been tinkering with it here and there, trying to decide if it's worth it to put in the extra work...

Edit: Also, I don't hot route on offense. Only audibles if needed.

Last edited by Outkizast; 09-19-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove