View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 08:26 PM   #30
Iteachpercussion
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prilosec
cool .... even post roster if one division is done .... (hint - hint).

well, what do you think of sim stats and how to achieve them ? did you figure that stuff out yet. hope u do it true to the ERA and let people edit incoming rookies as they please. you put enough work in to be swayed to do it there way.
I may post once I get the NFC Central finished. In that division I have the Bears and Vikings done right now. Hopefully I will have the division finished Tuesday or Wednesday. I am being nice and letting my teenager play his beta version of the new Call of Duty tonight. lol

As for sim stats, I am still looking at everything. I ran a couple of sims with modern rosters and overall I was happy with the numbers I was seeing. I think that the way I rate players should provide decent stats for everyone. The only downside is that some QBs are low rated and rookies coming in might need adjusted. However, I am still playing with everything and testing so we will see. The big issue that I am seeing right now is going to be playbooks and getting the right run/pass percentages. It took me a long time to get things right with M17 and since they have altered the team playbooks this year I have to go back to the drawing board.

If anyone is interested in doing some testing for me, you can run some franchise sims, with modern rosters using different playbooks.
What I am looking for:
I need playbooks that do not use the pistol or other "strange" formations that did not exist in the 1980s. The Ravens may be a good place to start. I need full season run/pass numbers based on playbooks and scheme. For example: set up several teams in one season using say the Ravens playbook with balanced scheme, west coast scheme, etc...
Sim the season and check results.

How to calculate run/pass percentage:
For each team: add up pass attempts and sacks, this equals "total pass attempts"
Then add all rushing attempts.
Add those two numbers together for total plays.
Then take the total pass attempts divided by total plays, times 100 for the pass percentage.

I will take any data people can/will provide. It is a time consuming process, but ultimately necessary.