View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 10:43 AM   #52
thm1223
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

Just finished preseason week 2 as Jets. Planning to relocate them to Brooklyn as the Bulls with the medium term (2-4 year) goal of rivaling the Patriots within the division.

Destroyed Tennessee 40-3 in the first week. They committed 5 turnovers. Week 2 vs Lions was a much closer game that we ended up winning 27-19. Lions never took the lead but at one point the score was 21-19. Stafford and the Lions QB backup were both very good. Unlike our first game vs Titans, Petty looked much better than McCown so the QB position is still up in the air. I think I'm going to let Petty start game 3 vs Giants and let McCown play the third quarter. Based on their performances, I'll likely make a (semi)final decision regarding who will start. Either way though, I'm thinking of targeting a round 1 QB pick in the draft and centering our franchise around that, and hopefully be able to draft 1 or 2 linebacker rookies who are at least decent. I need to get an idea of what the draft talent pool looks like first though. Especially if McCown isn't the starter, I think I'll try to trade him for draft picks.

Also, we made a bunch of free agent signings at the end of week 1 to strengthen our O line and secondary. Current weak spots are definitely our linebacking core and to a lesser extent FB/TE. However, we have fewer talent holes than we previously did and still have 40mm in cap space. So far injuries are not a significant issue as almost everyone who is injured long term will be cut before the regular season.