Old 08-28-2017, 04:48 PM   #8
cheddabob7502
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Need help stopping hb stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Good thread OP. As mostly a Oh2h player, I think we need more strategy threads like this.

Stretch and Sweep plays are dangerous this year if your defenders get walled off. You want your force player to be someone line up outside the tackle box.

I played a guy that had Dallas and he would run the sweep to Elliot out of Wildcat all game. Nothing out of 43 or nickel would stop it because their was no force player outside and a lineman would just come pick off my safety. I finally shut it down by going dime 3/4 and that kept a CB to the play side that turned everything in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im having issues stopping Gun Trey Y offset formations. Last year inside zone wasn't that hard to stop but this year it seems like WR's block like tight ends and even calling 4-4,nickel or 4-3 couldn't stop it. OH2H match ups. The only way dollar or dime works if you run commit and/or user the D-line. even usering safety/LB the Wr's hold their blocks and my defense just becomes dumb.

Issues with 4 verticals again (like the beginning of last year) being OP. Its frustrating playing cheesy players that use only inside zone and/or 4 verts and PA Shot. Takes the fun out of playing OH2H