View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 05:50 PM   #60
ednaaard
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

Started as the Browns on the weekend, and went 7-9. Osweiler was very good for 6 games, was 11-2 TD to INT ratio but I needed to see what Kizer was about. Kizer started off average, and after 6 games he had a 8-6 TD to INT record, but he found his groove in the last 4 games and finished well.

I couldn't re-sign Crowell, he wanted to test free agency, so I replaced him with Jeremy Hill for the same value, and have Duke Johnson Jnr backing him up. I drafted Nick Chubb in the 2nd round (32nd pick), and with Duke Johnson in a contract year, I will probably let him walk and roll with Hill, Chubb and find a quality third down back next season for passing downs.

I let Vitale go at FB, and signed an 85 overall FB in the 5th round. I drafted a 6'6 WR in the first round also, so I've essentially re-united Equanimeous St. Brown and Deshone Kizer from Notre Dame. I also drafted an MLB in the first and second round, who are both speedy and powerful. My 2nd round pick is my starting MLB, while my first rounder is a bit more raw and is backing up the ROLB, MLB and LOLB positions. He's essentially Jamie Collins v2, so he will replace him at LOLB in a couple of years when it's time to re-up/move on.

I traded Joe Haden to the Packers because his cap situation was a joke. I picked up a couple of young corners, including Cam Sutton and signed Sam Shields on a year deal to get me through the season. I intend to go with a corner in the first round of next years draft if there's good player there.

I've started the season 1-1 after a late win over the Falcons. I lost my first game to the Ravens, who made it to the Superbowl last season and lost to Carson Wentz's Eagles.

Myles Garrett racked up 11.5 sacks last year, and already has 5.5 through 2 games this season. He's a 91 OVR, Njoku is a 90 and Kizer is an 81. I've got Juju Smith-Schuster too after the Steelers released him. Jabrill Peppers hasn't been the playmaker I hoped for so far.