View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 06:38 PM   #62
ggsimmonds
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

Don't know what it is, if it is more rust than usual or the game being different, but I suck right now.

Currently 1-2 in year 1 of my Ravens CFM on AP using A&S sliders. Flacco has thrown 8 interceptions in 3 games.

The AI is a beast in the 4th quarter. I don't think it is comeback code, I think it is due to the AI using coaching adjustments while I tend to ignore using it.

First game against the Bengals was a disaster. Took a 3 TD lead into the 4th when Ross decided to go crazy, helped by a 4th quarter int by Flacco. Scored on a 50+ yard slant when he juked Jefferson then broke Humphery's tackle and of course no one could catch him after that. Then he scored on a 60+ yard go route where he burned my corner and Eric Weddle allowed him to get over the top. That had me mad, but was nothing compared to what happened next. Bengals had the ball on their own 35 or so with about a minute left. Dalton throws a hail marry to Green. It gets deflected, and the only player who continues playing is...Ross. All my players are laid out in a pile and he jogs 30 yards into the endzone. Game goes into OT. Then my defense forces a punt and Flacco hits Maclin on a 48 yard post route for the TD. Yay I won, but damn lol. Dalton finished with over 500 yards passing, close to 300 of that came in the 4th. Ross finished with...look a whole ****ing lot of yards alright.

Next two games were similar in that I took leads into the 4th quarter but then proceeded to throw ints and the AI offense started beasting.

I can take solace in the fact that preseason was rough. Aside from Maclin my other starting WRs were injured. I had Maclin and my #2 was rated 66 overall. Lost both my TE and HB, then lost my 2nd string HB. This last game Dixon was my only healthy RB, and had 3 healthy WRs. Had 7 guys out for multiple weeks after preseason. After dropping injury slider by 5 points in week 2 things look better.

Anyway, following my usual franchise tradition of using the Ravens and not making any major moves in year 1.
Year 2 I'll look to convert to a 4-3 defense and make some changes, but nothing major. I don't make trades much because its like taking candy from a baby, so drafting and FA for me.

As for what I am looking at for the draft, man I got a lot of holes on offense. Offensive line is priority number 1 but after that, probably best player available. I don't think I have a single position on offense that is not needing an upgrade (LT maybe, also don't need to replace Yanda just yet, but on my radar). Defense can ride a bit, would like a DE this draft and maybe a OLB, but not pivotal.