View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 11:45 PM   #2
Oraeon1224
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Statistics in sliders-Madden18

Principle thread:
The main purpose of my sliders is to create a starting point that I find helpful. From NCAA to Madden I have found that recreating realistic statistics in these games (using NFL data) results in more realistic looking games. I generally start off testing how the sliders work then start with a preliminary set and then adjust the sliders to get the statistics to match real world NFL statistics.

When you are using any sliders your individual skill level will always impact results. That is why it is important to get a starting set and then adjust to make them work for you, by understanding what is not realistic and then moving the correct slider to match your game play strengths and weaknesses.

TIPS:
Play realistic football. NFL teams blitz 5 or more 30-40% of the time but only blitz 6 or more players 10-15% of the time. The playbooks make the AI wacky due to too many 6 man blitzes and too many vert routes. If you blitz all the time QB Comp% will be high but so will sacks.

For now:
Tackling slider effects broken tackles (NFL 5-6 per game): Starting 46
--Every 2-3 points of adjustment may result in 1 more or less broken tackle

Pass coverage: Sticking with 36 from last year reduces AI QB getting sacked, and leaving at 50 for more difficulty for me making passes (may even up higher if too easy)

Pass Reaction: Sticking with 91 from last year. The AI is open with lower coverage setting but the reaction time being higher means more deflections and hits that jar the ball loose keeping % down. Also in Madden17 this looked like real football to me.

Last edited by Oraeon1224; 09-01-2017 at 07:54 PM.