View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 10:45 AM   #1
Watson
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Week 1 Discussion

We've loosened ourselves up, dipped out toes in the water. Now it's time to jump head first into it.

We have walked down the hall and took a peak at the Christmas tree, now our parents are up and it's time to un-wrap and de-box all of our gifts.

The appetizers are over, now it is the time for the feast.

For five straight days, there will be a steady stream of football streamed directly to your picture box device and played locally in your nearest stadium.

There is no more waiting, no more counting down. This is it, the moment we've been thinking directly or indirectly about since January. Eight months have passed since Clemson defeated Alabama in one of the all-time great games in college football history, and now every other takes their first step toward (or away from) contention for a playoff spot. I only ask one thing of you, reader: enjoy it. Watch the games, no matter the quality. Go tailgate all damn day, go see your alma mater play. Go to a G5 or FCS game on Thursday. Because it will leave as soon as it left and we'll be counting down once again.

The Schedule

Watson's Viewing Guide
Spoiler

And now, a word: Saturday, I will be in New Orleans to watch my Alma Mater play BYU. I will have fun, but I won't forget why I'm in New Orleans and now Houston. I have a certain affinity for Houston because after Katrina the city and people of Houston bent over backwards to help out the people of my state and now I am hoping to give what I can back to them. I urge you to donate what you can to any charity or benefit of your choice, be it a thousand dollars, 10 bucks, a pallet of water, or a jar of peanut butter. Anything helps. Some of you gave to me when I lost my home last year in a flood and I am grateful more than you know, but now Houston needs your help like I did.

And that's it. I'm gonna cut you loose here, there is football this weekend and there is smacked that needs to be talked.

Have at it boys.

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove