View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #6
BenjiA
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Big Coach Mode issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Hey, you are right, this is a HUGE issue for Coach Mode players. We actually were discussing this last week in another coach mode thread.

I actually entered this in the Bug thread, but we've quickly learned this was intentional. A VERY poor decision by EA...clearly they did not get any feedback from Coach Mode players about this before inexplicably making this change. Basically, they turned Coach Mode into just an offensive setting. I could rant on about this in frustration, but I'll spare you the tirade.

To address this in All Pro, hold down LB/L1 and the player will auto move as before. However, you can't do this with a DL. As you noted, the DL will never automatically engage any special moves (power, block shed, etc.). So, I always user-select the deepest player (typically FS) and just hold down the button.

Now, I have yet to see it, but I've been told that the highlighted player will still attempt auto moves (e.g., swat the ball) when holding down LB/L1. To be fair, the reason I haven't seen this is because I quickly stopped playing M18 and am just waiting for the next patch (lesson learned...I will NEVER again buy this game until around Xmas time, when it'll be discounted and a majority of the big patches are in. I'm the idiot who seems to forget that they always release a shoddy, flawed game in August and don't really get it right for 6 months).

But hey, keep making a stink about it...put your own entry in the Bug Thread and hopefully they will get the hint to leave Coach Mode alone as it was before!
wow that sucks big time! Thanks for the reply and clearing that up. Hope they fix it with the next patch.