View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 01:13 PM   #2
chabber
Rookie

chabber's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K18 - Nintendo Switch

I'm hoping there is some clarification on the Switch side soon. Between the blogs and the live feed later tonight, video is starting to pop up. I'm hoping the Switch version is shown soon and we get some detail with it as well.

As for the cartridges, this whole situation is very confusing. I've read the reports that the physical cartridge will be delayed until later in the fall. I have no problems with that. However Bestbuy and Gamestop etc... are still selling the physical copy of the game like you will have early access on Sept. 15.

Well how does that work? Does that mean you get to play the digital version early, even though you bought the physical copy? Mind you, the physical version can be had for around $12 cheaper. If so, will that digital version work until the cartridge is released and then be shut down or will the cartridge continue to not be required?

Obviously saving money would be nice and I like the idea of having the physical game and the box, but I really prefer the ease use digital downloads provide. If you end up getting both versions when buying the physical copy because of this strange circumstance I'd like to know that. I also understand it's possible it may not be in 2K's best interest to clarify this if it may cost them money on the digital only side.

Personally, I'll be buying digital like always on my PS4 and will be waiting for more news before I decide which version I'm getting on the Switch.

Last edited by chabber; 08-31-2017 at 01:17 PM.