View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 09:29 PM   #85
xApAthyx13
MVP

xApAthyx13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 OS Community Roster (Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost33
Ok, first let me say that the time and effort put into updating and maintaining the rosters is pretty awesome, great work.

However, here is my question. As someone who has never used a roster other than the update given through EA/Madden, how are your rosters different and better? Please don't read any disrespect in this question.
My biggest 'gripe' with EA/Madden rosters are:

A.) they don't update regularly enough

B.) their depth charts are notoriously inaccurate (They still have Kiko Alonso and Lawrence Timmons as MLB even though they're both assigned weakside and strong side duties - just a small example)

C.) they add the I.R. status to a player and it forces the Madden user to not be able to play with that player again unless they turn off injuries or prior injuries in CFM mode. Otherwise in play now you're subject to their limitations.

D.) I go through endless amounts of players and update the equipment on starters constantly. Obviously this is not considered a major ordeal but I'm O.C.D. and enjoy having accurate equipment. (for example: the game has Sam Bradford wearing an older helmet when he's been wearing the Speed Flex helmet since the offseason.)

E.) at the end of the season EA doesn't give you any rookies for your roster, but every year I go through and create as many rookies for the next season as possible so if you don't spend the money for the next Madden you'll at least have a more updated roster including rookies.

as far as ratings go, any roster editor who messes around with player ratings are doing them based on subjective grounds. EA does a decent job on updating some ratings here and there weekly so I'll give them credit on that. I do occasionally update ratings but rarely do I do them based on my own opinion. It's usually based off of EA's.

The biggest thing is instead of waiting a minimum of 7 days or even sometimes 2 weeks for a Madden roster update, you are generally going to have a heck of a lot more detailed depth chart and daily updated roster assignment with mine then theirs. - That's my goal at least

Don't know if that answers your question(s).

My M23 Community Roster for Xbox Series X/S:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...eries-x-s.html

Last edited by xApAthyx13; 09-02-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove