Old 09-03-2017, 03:20 AM   #7
extremeskins04
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: CPU Draft Logic is still not correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Maybe I'm using a different roster - my cloud franchise started with the preseason week 3 start point and we just got to regular season week 1 - but I see Myles Jack as the starting LOLB and Paul Posluszny as the starting MLB? The Jaguars definitely run a 4-3 defense (check their defensive playbook) with Jack, Posluszny, and Telvin Smith as their starting LBs from left to right.

I am going to take a wild guess what has happened in your case is that Posluszny retired / was released, the head coach Doug Marrone (with the 4-3 defensive playbook) was fired, the new head coach runs a 3-4 defense and moved Jack inside upon being hired (because Jack is not a great 3-4 edge rusher and a coaching change is the only reason the CPU will ever change players' positions), and the Jags then needed a second MLB for the 3-4 front so they drafted the MLB.

As to the Bears, it's probably a stretch to say Chicago would draft a second-round QB to push Trubisky if Trubisky didn't develop after only his rookie season (which he probably didn't if he's still an OVR 79); they probably wouldn't do that until at least the start of his third year if he continued to show little promise. However, given how much the NFL has moved towards a "what are you doing for me right now" attitude with respect to roster management, I don't think it's that huge a stretch?

EDIT: looks like on the launch roster Jack is listed at MLB and Posluszny is at LOLB, so my position change hypothesis might be bunk. Doesn't rule out the CPU drafting a new MLB if there was a coaching change to a 3-4 scheme, though; they don't have playable depth at that position on the launch-day roster.
Yea Chris, I'm using the "SimFootballOS" roster that I downloaded cause it had the latest cuts/releases/retires and the time. Believe it was a few days ago. It had Posluszny retired but Doug Marrone is still the HC.

Offense: Zone Run
Defense: Base 4-3

The MLB1 and MLB2 in his scheme are both: Balanced. So maybe it was just that he liked the Speed, Accel, and Agility.

I kinda wish the coaches would draft based on what fits their system though.

As far as what I bolded in your response, yea I can live with that. Maybe if he progressed above 80, they'd be ok with it.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 09-03-2017 at 03:22 AM.