Old 09-07-2017, 08:46 AM   #512
BritPitbull
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
I am praying it's a lot of heat, so they'll finally step up.
But, with the number of casual players and those that bought it for the Longshot game, I don't think it'll hurt their sales.
And as long as sales don't drop drastically, all the complaining in the world will not change a thing...it's been proven over and over.
This was the year for gamers to make a statement by not buying. We knew well in advance what we were and were not getting, yet many still bought in. So, there's literally no reason for them to up their game, or even improve and repair this year's game.
If you bought it, and regret it, well shame on you. You only perpetuated the problem.
This year it was clear to me what was happening....why the sudden "change in marketing plans" happened. They KNEW they had a steaming pile, and knew if they showed it earlier, it would only hurt sales.
I'm as frustrated as I can be with this mess...but I at least resisted the urge and didn't buy this year.
And if this year is a true indication of where this series is going, we soon won't have even ONE football game to play every year. If this is really their best, and indicates what they want to do, I'll never buy the game again.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Honestly, it will never change. Some of us have been testing and feeding back the game's failings for over 15 years now. As long as EA has the licence, the same issues will appear year after year after year. Madden is a marketing tool and means of selling online content, it is not a football simulation - we have to acknowledge that this is the case and move on to other things. Xcom anyone?