Old 09-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #9
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Better communication from Devs

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I personally hope Rex and team stop the 'we are making a sim football game...as true to life as what you see on the field on Sunday." Paraphrased of course. Because they are not.

That is not the direction marketing and upper management wants them to go in apparently. Proof is in the pudding. The game is getting closer and closer to full arcade mode and development and patches are 90% about head to head/online play. That crowd gets catered to and changes are made to the code that actually get farther away from Sim football...and/or what we see on tv.

If they were honest about their intent, focus, and go forward plan, I don't think people would be so up in arms. However, when a yearly release hits and it is blatantly obvious that previous issues that were "fixed" have reared their head again, and some of the most obvious and blatant issues on the field do not get fixed, then I understand why there is such an uproar.

Honesty is the best policy. I don't want to hear that Rex is fighting for this against the tide. Let's just recognize that he will lose that battle, as he did this year, and perhaps they can be more honest in their approach for next year.

C
From my short time experience with the game this year, I disagree.

One can have a sim experience with Madden 18 and tailor it to your needs.

After the patch, the game is real good right now and I can't wait for the 30 day patch,