View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 07:53 AM   #31
Millennium
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NHL 18 Trial Available For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I understand your role in this forum and what you're trying to do.
It must be frustrating to read blanket statements when you're looking for precise pro's and con's.

But if I can ask an honest question, without any agenda attached...
The community here has pointed out some AI issues/flaws for several years now and EA hasn't addressed them yet.
Just a quick inventory;
- CPU can do things users can't.
- every team plays the same.
- not enough player separation

Those three things have been brought up more than anything else (gameplay wise).

Perhaps the OS community has grown tired of trying to help when their requests are ignored?
It's a two-way street (if in fact EA cares about OS's opinion).
If the developers genuinely look to OS for advice, then I believe they should take some time to answer some questions or provide insight as to why the same complaints are never addressed.
The issue is that dev interaction on this forum WAS a thing in the past until they were attacked enough that now they just read it (and I know for a fact that they do read the forum).

I agree with team separation. Have said it myself for a few years (and on the Press Row Podcast where I tore the beta apart this year, so much for the "company line"). I think player separation/ID is near perfect - you can absolutely feel the difference between roles (moreso this year due to the ratings changes).

The CPU doing things that the player can not is simply not true. Are there a little too accurate when passing? Maybe. But there is a ton of user error involved that I don't believe want to admit to as well.

If you or anyone else is frustrated I'm fine with that. But expression of that needs to be focused in a constructive manner.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove