View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 08:07 AM   #39
bucknut7
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Thanks! Run game at least in the ballpark though still boom-or-bust (thx juke/spin moves).

My gut from the box scores says the INTs are a result of aggression: 17 completions for 275 yds, 21 for 379 yds, 22 for 270... NFL average is 11.4 yds per completion. 3 of the 4 guys in these box scores are at 18, 16, and 12.2... Browns the one exception at 9.5.

4 teams across 2 games obviously extremely limited sample, but based on that and the high # of 16-17+ yd completions I see littered across the WRs in the box score... INTs probably just the cost of aggression. All their 3rd down %'s were in the 44-57% range, NFL average is 40%. So I have a hard time believing defense & coverage is too good. 29.5 ppg off about 110-114 snaps is certainly well above NFL averages (22.8 ppg from 128 snaps).

So all in all, while this is merely a glimpse, it's hard for me to think coverage is too good yet. Note when I say "scoring is high," I don't mean too high or that offense is too good. Can't tell that from 2 games, especially if these are 4 of your better/best users, they could be near the top of the offensive spectrum for the league. All I'm saying is that none of this tells me that defense is too strong yet.
Yeah, we're going to hang tight on changing anything before you do, and we'll just follow your lead. I will say that my only concern is that my coverage, as the Browns, was really good. And I traded Haden, so i'm starting a 82 and a 70 out there, a 78 and 71 at safety. But one game sample size, too early to tell.