View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #541
Flazko
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

So, pertaining to QB Trait edits, I've been testing different things. What I've tried was looking at Top Tier Qbs (Elite), Up and coming Qbs, Middle Class and Low Tier Qbs. I tried adjusting traits in a non biased manor, what I did was take a look at QB Style, there's scrambling, Balanced and Pocket, all self explanatory.. I made sure each qb was either Balanced, Scrambling or Pocket depending on Real Life.. I watch a lot of football, almost every game every week so I like to say I have a pretty good idea which is what. I then turned off Throw Ball Away except for those who are pocket passers, I only turned it off for those who were Balanced or Scramblers, my reason was because most qbs who are pocket passers are the Elite guys who know when to get rid of the ball out of bounds and live an other day, yes there are some Scramblers or Balanced guys who will throw the ball away to BUT when it comes to Balanced or Scramblers if you have Throw Ball Away ON, they won't scramble or move around like they're supposed to, they'll just throw the ball away, at least for those pocket passers who don't move around they can get rid of the ball and throw it away out of bounds, this was obviously to help see Scramblers do what they're supposed to and scramble and for Balanced guys they would either scramble or look downfield for someone open because they're Balanced (in the middle of being a pocket passer and scrambler). I then took a look at Sense Pressure and I think they're pretty spot on as is so I did not change that, then it came to force passes, I have tried putting everyone on Conservative so they look to make smarter plays BUT I tried setting IDEAL for Elite Qbs, Conservative for Middle Tier and Aggressive for Lower tier qbs, the results aren't bad at all. Comparing this to just setting Force Pass at Conservative for all qbs, I would say that I like setting each Force Pass based on the level of tier each qb is... I didn't mess with any other traits such as, Clutch or High Motor, Ect.

CONCLUSION:
So this is what I'm going to go with for my personal use:

QB STYLE will be adjusted for those I think need adjusting . I have a pretty good idea who's a pocket passer, scrambler and balanced between the two. Most qbs are pretty spot on already so I'll only adjust if I think its necessary.

THROW BALL AWAY will be edited for all qbs, I will put throw ball away OFF for those who are Balanced or Scrambler, it will stay ON for Pocket Passers.

SENSE PRESSURE will not be adjusted, it's all pretty spot on.

FORCE PASSES will be adjusted accordingly, Ideal will be set for Elite Qbs, Conservative will be set for ALL remaining qbs with a 67+ Overall , I do not like Aggressive because it will not bring out the other traits. It'll counteract the Balanced or Scramblers from Scrambling for extra yards because it will mean the QB wants to be more aggressive and take a risk of throwing a tightly covered pass instead of just taking the risk to scramble.

No other traits will be adjusted.

*Don't forget Qbs in Free Agency (67 and up overalls)

Here is also a link explaining each and every trait: http://www.muthead.com/forums/madden...d-why-they-are

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention is I do my edits in main menu, when I'm in cfm I will make sure nothing has changed, I will also be checking at the end of the season to see if the cpu didn't spend XP changing qb traits, if so I will edit them back to where they were before the new season starts. I do use Every Four Weeks for XP Spending, so I may check every 4 weeks and make sure no trait has been changed but I highly doubt they'll have enough xp to change the Traits in a matter of a few weeks.

Last edited by Flazko; 09-08-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove